Apologies for cross-postings
13th European Conference on Digital Libraries (ECDL 2009)
Corfu, Greece, September 27- October 2, 2009
We are pleased to announce the call for participation in the ECDL 2009
conference and associated workshops and tutorials. This year the conference
has attracted a record number of submissions and proposed workshops and
To register for the conference, please visit:
The schedule of the conference can be found at:
The ECDL 2009 Workshops are:
1. Digital Curation in the Human Sciences
2. Digital Libraries: Interoperability, Best Practices and Modeling
3. Harvesting Metadata: Practices and Challenges
4. The 8th European Networked Knowledge Organisation Systems (NKOS)
5. Second Workshop on Very Large Digital Libraries (VLDL 2009)
6. BooksOnline '09: 2nd Workshop on Research Advances in Large Digital Book
7. Workshop on Exploring Musical Information Spaces (WEMIS)
8. 9th International Web Archiving Workshop (IWAW 2009)
9. Conducting a Needs Assessment for a Joint EU-US Digital Library
10. Cross-Language Evaluation Forum 2009
Information about the workshops and their schedule can be found at:
The ECDL 2009 Tutorials are:
1. Aggregation and reuse of digital objects' metadata from distributed
digital libraries by Cezary Mazurek and Marcin Werla (Full day).
2. Knowledge Organization Systems (KOS) in digital libraries by Dagobert
Soergel (Full day).
3. Designing user interfaces for interactive information retrieval systems
& digital libraries by Harald Reiterer and Hans-Christian Jetter (Half
4. Digital preservation: Logical and bit-stream preservation using Plato,
EPrints and the Cloud by Adam Field, Hannes Kulovits, Andreas Rauber and
David Tarrant (Full day).
Information about the tutorials can be found at:
See you in Corfu soon!