Help for EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EDUCAT Home

EDUCAT  August 2009

EDUCAT August 2009

Using Koha with Class to teach cataloging

Suzanne Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Aug 2009 07:04:51 -0500

Is or has anyone used Koha to teach cataloging? If so, would you mind sharing how you did it?

I finally got the company to respond. David Bavousett set up 5 "instances" and 5 "staff clients", complete with bibliographic records. That would be great for staff training, but I'm having trouble seeing how I would use this in a cataloging course. Obviously, I don't need or want bibliographic records. I want the students to create and add records, not search for them. I've asked for help and tried using the documentation, but can't find anything on using