Posted on behalf of Christine Peterson:
Ever been to an online conference? This is the time to give it a try!
Amigos Library Services is presenting an all-day, online conference on
how libraries can go green on Wednesday, October 7th:
All you need is a computer, Adobe Flash, and speakers. You can come and
go throughout the day!
We'll be discussing topics like:
* how your library can become greener without breaking the bank
* how to deal with pest control without using toxic chemicals
* how we can sustain services into the future
* how your library can help promote environmental changes in
* approaches for greening your IT
* ideas for creating green programming for your patrons
* creating sustainability partnerships through teamwork
* the library's role in Baylor's and UNT's campus-based
* using the LEED rating system for public library renovations
Keynote speaker, Florence Mason, will kick off the conference with her
talk "Going Green" Successfully. She brings her many years of expertise
with libraries, government organizations, and corporations on library
building issues, library long range planning, library training, and
other issues related to the management of library and information
Seating is limited, so register soon! CEU credit is available. The
conference schedule and registration are available at
http://greenlibs.amigos.org/ <http://greenlibs.amigos.org/> .
Continuing Education Librarian, Technology
Amigos Library Services, Inc.
14400 Midway Road
Dallas, TX 75244-3509
800-843-8482 x2891 * 972-991-6061 (fax)
www.amigos.org * [log in to unmask]
Going Green at Your Library * greenlibs.amigos.org
<http://greenlibs.amigos.org/> * 10/7/09 Web Conference