ARSCLIST  October 2009

ARSCLIST October 2009

Re: Bio-Bibliographies in Music, Greenwood Press

Doug Henkle <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:48:13 -0500

 >From: "Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>
>Just to confuse matters, there is also from Greenwood Press a series
>entitled "Bio-Bibliographies in the Performing Arts".

Hi Richard,

      Actually there are four more Greenwood Series I ran across while
creating the page, along with a first guess estimate of possible titles for
each.

Bio-Bibliographies in Afro-American and African Studies (2 titles)
Bio-Bibliographies in the Performing Arts (75 titles)
Bio-Bibliographies in World Literature (5 titles)
Popular Culture Bio-Bibliographies (11 titles)

      I don't know whether I will create another page for them all or not,
maybe.  The completed page was definitely music related, so it was worth my
time to make it as complete as possible, but the other Series are mostly
non-musical.  I didn't know about the book for Joan Baez, but of the
Performing Arts titles I had found so far, only Kate Smith and Julie
Andrews are primarily singers, the rest are strictly actors.  As they
included Paul Simon, Phil Ochs and Carole King in Music with all the
Classical Composers, I have no idea why they put Hank Williams and Elvis
Presley in Popular Culture and not Music.  They certainly were not
consistent at categorization, because Charlie Chaplin, Errol Flynn and W.C.
Fields are in Popular Culture and not Performing Arts.  You are right, it's
confusing.
Doug Henkle - mailto:[log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 1447, Oshkosh, WI 54903-1447