ARSCLIST  October 2009

ARSCLIST October 2009

Re: perfect cassette deck!!!!

Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Oct 2009 00:57:23 +0200

So you need a perfect cassette deck? Here are my two bits after
transferring about 20000+ cassettes. Do not under any circumstances use
Studer Revox machines. They use weird clutches on reel drives that will
drive you nuts. Tascam 302 are not good for continuous use as they heat
up and die. All other consumer machines are not that great either. Two
exceptions to that rule. One is the Sunsui 701 and 301ir. Their sound is
fantastic and they work forever without any trouble. The 701 is 3 heads,
the 301ir is auto reverse. The only brand that is really worthy is
Nakamichi. Used one cost a fraction of what they were new. The cr series
is good the tape deck series is good and of course the mr-1. Also don't
forget the RX series. I am now replacing all my tascams with wither a
301 or a RX machine.