ARSCLIST  October 2009

ARSCLIST October 2009

Newbie- how to start a career in audio preservation and archiving

Gina Detate <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 3 Oct 2009 23:58:58 EDT

Hello group!  I am a recent graduate (2007) with my masters degree in
Library and Information Science.  I have a strong background in public
libraries, but would like to get into archiving and preserving audio  collections.
(I also have a basic background in digitizing photos and  slides for a
museum and library).  How would I start in this type of  field?  I live in Ohio
and can't move anywhere for an unpaid internship  (but I could do one if it
is nearby).  Would I need to get some sort of  certification or additional
master degrees to learn more about this field?   Are there any online
programs?  Any suggestions and assistance would be  greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Gina D