ARSCLIST  October 2009

ARSCLIST October 2009

Re: Furutech DFV-1 LP Flattener

"Steven C. Barr" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:24:15 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Seubert" <[log in to unmask]>
> Just a pet peeve here, but this company markets "high performance
> power cords," i.e IEC power cords. Last time I checked the electricity
> traveling to my equipment didn't give a damn what kind of copper was
> in the last three feet of the 1000 mile electrical transmission system
> or if the connectors were gold plated.
> In my opinion any "hi-end" audio company that is sells "high
> performance power cords" is not run by engineers, but by marketing
> people and practitioners of audio witchcraft.
> Stay away.

As P. T. Barnum famously said, "There's a sucker born every minute!"
Audiofanatics trying to get that last cps of response are willing to spend
rather large sums of money on dubious solutions (no one yet has
suggested that audio cables should be carefully aligned with the
Earth's magnetic lines of force...?!). The next question shall be, "If
you are playing an analog phonorecord, in which direction should
you be facing? (In relation to the Earth's magnetic lines of force?!")

Why,I may have lost several cycles-per-second through my system?!?
But, being effectively deaf to certain frequencies, I wouldn't have
noticed the difference! Sadly, I suspect that muchy of the ARC/78-L
contingent, being around my age (or higher?!), also have "hearing
deficits!"

And THEY are in the demographic most likely to spend that extra
cash on dubious "improvements" toget that last few CPS?

Comment ca va?!

Steven C. Barr