ARSCLIST  November 2009

ARSCLIST November 2009

Re: Cleaning of phonograph cylinders

Paul G Turney <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Nov 2009 11:34:26 +0000

HI,
use de-ioinised water not tap water
Paul Turney
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message (including any attachments)
is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain
confidential and privileged information

Sirensound Digital UK
Somerford House
22 Somerford Road
Cirencester
 ++44 (0) 1285 642289
Sirensound Digital UK

-----Original Message-----
From: D P Ingram [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2009 11:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Cleaning of phonograph cylinders

HiHas any one recommendations for a non-destructive cleaning solution for phonograph cylinders (both black wax and blue amberols) to take off years of surface dirt and other gubbins prior to some transfers? Some people have advocated water which sounds not the best solution but I welcome some advice from those more experienced with such a technique (as I am concerned about drying otherwise) and a general dry wipe would not clean sufficiently.Thanks, Darren¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦ www.ingram.fi ¦¦¦ MUSIC LIBRARY FINLAND - www.musiclibrary.fi¦