ARSCLIST  December 2009

ARSCLIST December 2009

Re: Wired on the need for a single comprehensive music database

Mike Gray <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:19:37 -0500

I thought the music industry already had a standard code - the ISRC
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Standard_Recording_Code)
Song titles can't be copyrighted, so there might be a dozen using the
same words but written by different composers.  The ISRC ties the song
title to the phonogram - seems to work OK for the trade.

Mike Gray