ARSCLIST  December 2009

ARSCLIST December 2009

Re: What's the best Windows app for playing 24-bit FLAC files?

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:22:17 -0500

Hi Mark:

Shoulda figured there was some Windows mischief afoot. Indeed, Windows had de-selected the M-Audio
2496 card as the default audio playback device. So Foobar was getting mangled garbage via
TotalRecorder software (the only way I know of to "record" (capture) audio off Flash and Real
streams). Since it's not a studio computer, I didn't even think to check until your post got me
poking around in the Windows settings.

Yep, Foobar works just fine.

Thanks!

And, Happy Merry to all ARSCList members. May your 2010 be healthy, happy and prosperous.

-- Tom Fine