DATETIME Archives

DATETIME@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

DATETIME Home

DATETIME  December 2009

DATETIME December 2009

Re: goals, requirements

"Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:34:59 -0500

Hi Bruce - to address two of your points:

1.  "what are the requirements driving further development of the format?"
This listserv was created in part to gather requirements. That, at least
during the  initial phase, is what this discussion is for.

2. "I would suggest that compatibility with the W3C date-time  standard
should be a high priority."
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "the W3C date-time standard".  Do
you mean W3CDTF?  One of the (implicit) assumptions behind this effort is
that edtf will be compatible with (i.e. a superset of) W3CDTF.

--Ray