ARSCLIST  January 2010

ARSCLIST January 2010

Don Voorhees on Broadway 1015

Hans en Corrie <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 30 Jan 2010 16:40:48 +0100

Now with a proper link.

Maybe, but not by me ............ Have a look at the Record Research article
I posted in my blog about this label a few minutes ago (
http://hitoftheweek.blogspot.com ). I believe, that Durium wanted to use
this name for his series of records, but learned that the Broadway label
already existed.  The article says that there might be more Broadway labels
as test labels for Durium.
http://hitoftheweek.blogspot.com

Hans

Jazz .. and more - a weekly blog:
http://keepswinging.blogspot.com

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] Namens Glen Richards
Verzonden: zaterdag 30 januari 2010 12:28
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: [ARSCLIST] Don Voorhees on Broadway 1015

Hans,

I'm pretty sure Broadway 1015 is "Lonesome And Sorry" and "Honey Bunch"
by Adrian Schubert (Rust credits it to Lanin but it sounds like a
Schubert band), credited to the Broadway Dance Orchestra. Could there be
a typo?

Glen

Glen Richards ([log in to unmask])
The Hot-Dance & Vintage Jazz Pages: http://www.2multiples.com/hotdance
ICQ: 21628170  MSN: [log in to unmask]  Skype: glenrichards

Hans en Corrie wrote:

> Can someone help me with a proper scan of this rare 1929 record?
> Painting The Clouds With Sunshine - 1015 C by Don Voorhees and his
Orchestra