ARSCLIST  January 2010

ARSCLIST January 2010

Re: Loudness Wars

Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 10 Jan 2010 00:35:49 +0200

Hi Dave
 Your hearing may not be as good as you  think.... The sound at live
shows today is absurd. I did a live show once. When I came to the board
to check things out I noticed the meters were hardly moving and the
music was louder than I wanted already (not to mention system noise
etc.).  I actually walked to the amp rack and turned the volume knobs
down from full open to about 8 o'clock. After that I was in a real
comfort working zone. The next time I had a gig with that company that
huge rack was gone and the amps were already turned down. The owner said
he was so happy to see one normal sound man. The crowd reaction was also
very good. People actually enjoyed the show.
Shai