DATETIME January 2010

Re: syntax of date ranges

Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:16:55 -0500

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Tim Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I don't suppose anyone would buy the argument that my machines are happier with
> intuitive syntax?

Guess it just depends on the question "intuitive for whom"? When we
have existing widely deployed date-time standards from the W3C and
ISO, that certainly conditions how developers of all sorts consider
intuitiveness. Likewise, I'm guessing these issues vary a bit by
locale.

As an American, I can see the slash is not entirely human-standard.
But it doesn't really bother me, so long as the spec is clear.

Bruce