ARSCLIST March 2010

Re: Picture Sleeve variant?

Doug Henkle <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:14:40 -0600

At 10:52 PM 03-09-2010 -0500, Steven C. Barr wrote:
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henkle" <[log in to unmask]>
>> Sleeve: the heavy weight paper envelope sealed on three sides used
>> to protect 78, LP and 45 recordings.
>Also called a "jacket" for LP's...!

Hi Steven,

      There I beg to differ. Although they are both sealed on three sides,
a "jacket" is made out of unbendable cardboard, and a "sleeve" is made out
of easily bendable paper or plastic which fits into a jacket, or a jacket
fits inside a 12-3/4" square poly sleeve. Bags Unlimited lists jackets and
sleeves as different on their "Audio: 33-1/3 LP Record Supplies" page, and
their 45 and 78 pages also.

      I would give you the exact Bags Unlimited URL, but I can't. With
Eudora up composing this message, clicking on the "Jackets" icon on their
"33-1/3 LP Record Supples" page took my "Resource Meter: System resources"
to "0% free", and hung Win98, three times in a row. Click "Audio" on their
home page.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/
Doug Henkle - mailto:[log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 1447, Oshkosh, WI 54903-1447