ARSCLIST  March 2010

ARSCLIST March 2010

Re: What do you think I should do?

"Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:14:12 -0400

Hi, Ted,

1947-10-01 was recorded on Jack Mullin's modified Magnetophons (an
AEG transport with Mullin electronics). It wasn't until some time in
1948, as I understand it, that Ampex delivered the first Model 200A.

And you're right -- nothing to be ashamed of other than the level
variations in the homogeneous Magnetophonband Typ L that the original
was recorded on and perhaps one or two imperfect edits.

Do you know where the original of that tape is? My friend Don Ososke
made a few copies when he was at Ampex running the Standard Tape Lab
recorded at 15 in/s from the tape played at 30 in/s. Both machines
were ATR-100s. It was one of those copies that I digitized.

Cheers,

Richard