ARSCLIST  March 2010

ARSCLIST March 2010

Re: Anyone near St. Louis who can demonstrate a 78 cutting lathe?

Klara Foeller <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:42:27 -0600

I'd like to see this happen, too.  I don't have a 78 lathe, but I do
have an ET "inscriber"/player.  It has two arms, one for scribing and
the other for playback.  I don't think it works, but I do have a good
engineer.  About 4 years ago I saw an LP pressing machine at a defunct
studio here in town.  I couldn't take it into the collections, hopefully
it was recycled, but more likely it's taking up space in a landfill.

I just spoke to our local radio guru and he suggested contacting Chuck
Haddix at the Marr Sound Archive at UMKC.  (Chuck are you out there?)

Klara Foeller
Missouri History Museum
St. Louis, MO
314 746-4513