Help for FEDLIB Archives

FEDLIB Archives

FEDLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

FEDLIB Home

FEDLIB  March 2010

FEDLIB March 2010

OCLC Changes to FirstSearch and NetLibrary

Network Operations FEDLINK <[log in to unmask]>

FEDLIB: Federal Librarians Discussion List

Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:37:47 -0400

Yesterday (March 17) OCLC issued information about a transition of third-party content currently available through FirstSearch and NetLibray to EbscoHost, and some FirstSearch databases to H.W.Wilson.

If your access to FirstSearch and/or NetLibrary has been purchased via a FEDLINK contract, please be aware that some statements made in their communication about your options currently have no standing in any contract we have with OCLC, Ebsco or H.W. Wilson.

Please do not give any instructions to OCLC about any preferences for the options they have outlined.

We are reviewing all options and will work w