PCCTG1 March 2010

Re: Peter's translation suggestion

"D. Brooking" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:43:09 -0700

TEXT/PLAIN

Well, this is just one library's practice in some of its non-Latin units.
So I wouldn't say you are "wrong."

Part of the problem with these guidelines is that it is up to *us* to
suggest what is wrong and right now. But I think no one is up for
diverging too much from what is current practice, given the uncertainties
that we've already discussed in many places. But even determining what is
current practice is not straighforward at all!

Diana Brooking (206) 685-0389
Cataloging Librarian (206) 685-8782 fax
Suzzallo Library [log in to unmask]
University of Washington