PCCTG1 Archives

PCCTG1@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

PCCTG1 Home

PCCTG1  March 2010

PCCTG1 March 2010

Re: Non Latin document final check

Benjamin A Abrahamse <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:06:33 -0400

Poor Nilbnan (Lebanon), I daresay they've been scrambled enough lo these many years... !

Re: "the specific point of this example is that the Persian ending
represented by -i in romanization gets turned into a final alif on the
preceding word by the macro, which the cataloger then has to delete
because this ending is not actually written at all in Persian script.
But I would want Nora to confirm that."

Perhaps that's too granular an explanation for this document, and maybe someone who reads Persian would spot the problem immediately.  But without any explanation it seems sort of like a riddle to me.

--Ben