ARSCLIST  April 2010

ARSCLIST April 2010

Re: The trials of trying to give away a record collection

"Steven C. Barr" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:42:13 -0400

From: "Roger Kulp" <[log in to unmask]>
> With  nothing as radical,or new,as rock,jazz or hip hop was when it first
> hit.
> I long for the days when any music was considered so radical,that it was a
> danger to "civilized" society.
> What is "popular" anyway besides homoginized sleep-inducing dreck,of the
> "American Idol" stripe.
> Sorry,I'll go back to Sun Ra,Stockhausen,and P-Funk.

Point is, you are confusing "Popular" with "MOR" (Middle Of the Road!)!

"Popular" music, as a term, refers to whatever the general public (Vox
Populi) is listening to!? To-day, that basically means "Urban Dance"...a
euphenism covering "rap," "hip-hop" and other Black-derived musical
forms/styles!

Steven C. Barr