ARSCLIST  May 2010

ARSCLIST May 2010

Re: Sonny Stitt Roost records discography wanted

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 May 2010 12:45:35 -0400

Thanks for that info, Pete. I have now succeeded, I think, in getting together the correct album
sequences of all the Stitt Roost records in that Mosaic box set. Listed below this message. Where
the numbers are A1 ... B1, etc, I have seen actual images of LP labels. Otherwise, I'm going by
sequence orders listed in various places online. In some of those cases, I was able to match up two
or more sources. I don't have reason to believe any of the sources I used are unreliable, but it is
the internets so be forewarned.
------------------------------------
Roost RLP-415 - Playing Arrangements From the Pen of Johnny Richards (10" LP - 1952)

1. Sancho Panza
2. If I Could Be With You
3. Hooke's Tours
4. Sweet and Lovely
5. Loose Walk
6. Pink Satin
7. Shine On Harvest Moon
8. Opus 202

Sonny Stitt Plays Arrangements From The Pen of Quincy Jones

Roost LP 2204

A1. My Funny Valentine
A2. Sonny's Bunny
A3. Come Rain Or Come Shine
A4. Love Walked In
B1. If You Could See Me Now
B2. Quince
B3. Star Dust
B4. Lover

Sonny Stitt Plays (Sonny Stitt, Sonny Stitt, Sonny Stitt, Sonny Stitt, Sonny Stitt)

Roost LP 2208

1. There'll Never Be Another You
2. The Nearness Of You
3. Biscuit Mix
4. Yesterdays
5. Afterwards
6. If I Should Lose You
7. Blues For Bobby
8. My Melancholy Baby

37 Minutes & 48 Seconds With Sonny Stitt [1956]

Roost LP 2219

1. Because Of You
2. Blue Moon
3. Windy Ride
4. But Not For Me
5. What Is This Things Called Love
6. Harlem Nocturne
7. Sweet Georgia Brown
8. Blues For Yard
9. Scrapple From The Apple

Sonny Stitt with the New Yorkers [1957]

Roost LP 2226

1. Best Things In Life Are Free
2. Engos
3. Bloos
4. It Might As Well Be Spring
5. Body And Soul
6. Cherokee
7. I Didn't Know What Time It Was
8. People Will Say We're In Love
9. Bloosey
10. Birds' Eye

The Saxophones of Sonny Stitt [1958]

Roost SLP 2230

1. Happy Faces
2. Am I Blue
3. I'll Be Seeing You
4. When You're Smiling
5. In A Little Spanish Town
6. Them There Eyes
7. Back In Your Own Back Yard
8. Foot Tapper
9. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child
10. Shadow Waltz
11. Wind Up

Little Bit of Stitt [1959]

Roost SLP 2235

A1. When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob Bobbin'
A2. For All We Know
A3. I'm Confessin' That I Love You
A4. Cocktails For Two
A5. Star Eyes
B1. On A Slow Boat to China
B2. Laura
B3. J. B. Blues
B4. Don't Take Your Love From Me
B5. After the Late Late Show

The Sonny Side of Stitt [1960]

Roost SLP 2240

1. Skylark
2. Don't Worry 'Bout Me
3. I'll Remember April
4. Day By Day
5. Red Top
6. Moonray
7. Old Fashioned Blues
8. I Never Knew
9. Hitsburg

Stittsville [1960]

Roost SLP 2244

1. Angel Eyes
2. It Depends on You
3. Stormy Thursday
4. Embraceable You
5. It Could Happen to You
6. But Not for Me
7. Memories of You
8. I Cried for You (Now It's Your Turn to Cry Over me)
9. Bright as Snow
10. Spinning

Sonny Side Up [1961]

Roost SLP 2245

1. Sunny Side Up
2. On Green Dolphin Street
3. The More I see You
4. Don't Take Your Love From Me
5. My Blue Heaven
6. My Mother's Eyes
7. When I Grow Too Old To Dream
8. Bye Bye Blues
9. I've Got The World On A String

Feelin's [1962]

Roost SLP 2247

1. O Solo Mio
2. Feelin's
3. Nightmare
4. S'Posin'
5. Look Up
6. Goodnight Ladies
7. If I Should Lose You
8. Hollerin' The Blues
9. Stretch Pants

Stitt in Orbit [1963]

Roost SLP 2252

1. No Cal
2. Six-O-Seven Blues
3. Beware, Rocks Comin' Down
4. Corn Flakes
5. Eye Ball
6. Saganaw

Stitt Goes Latin [1964]

Roost SLP 2253

1. Are You Listening
2. Amigos
3. My Little Suede Shoes (Little Red Suede Shoes)
4. Ritmo Bobo
5. I Told You So
6. Chick
7. Senor Jones