I just completed a longitudinal study regarding Google Analytics implementation here at UIllinois and have submitted it for publication.
If anyone is interested in seeing it, please email me off list and I will be happy to provide a copy for personal use, but I cannot post on Internet at this time since it is currently under review.
Christopher J. Prom, PhD
Assistant University Archivist and Associate Professor
University of Illinois Archives
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
[log in to unmask]
+1 217 333 0798
On Jun 22, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Nathan Tallman wrote:
Happy Tuesday Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has tried using Google Analytics with their finding aids. I was thinking it would be easy enough to insert the necessary code in the stylesheet template and then you'd would be able to get some good data on finding aid use, as well as user browser/network/hardware capabilities.
When I started my current position, I implemented Analytics on several pages of our website. Our public finding aids are all HTML at the moment and I didn't want to hand edit each individual document, so chose not to implement Analytics in finding aids for the time being. We've recently started an EAD project thought and this idea came back to me.
If you have implemented Google Analytics for your finding aids, I'd love to hear about it!