Help for EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EDUCAT Home

EDUCAT  June 2010

EDUCAT June 2010

ALA Subject Analysis Committee Meetings in DC

Joudrey <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 Jun 2010 14:22:39 -0400

ALISE Members and Cataloging Educators,

The ALA Subject Analysis Committee will be meeting twice at ALA Annual
in DC.

On Sunday June 27, 8 am-11-ish, in the HYATT: Regency A, we will have
reports from: the Sears List of Subject Headings, Library of Congress's
Policy and Standards Division, the Dewey Decimal Classification, the
Music
Library Association, the Art Library Association, MARBI, and an update
from
the American Association of Law Libraries.

On Monday, June 28, 1:30 pm-4:30-ish, in the HYATT: Yorktown/Valley
Forge,
we will have reports from: the SAC Subcommittee on Genre/Form
Implementation, the SAC Subcommittee on FAST, OCLC's FAST project, IFLA
Classification and Indexing Section, and the SACO-at-Large meeting. We
will
also have an update on a joint project with LC's PSD on free-floating
subdivisions, discussions of new business, an open discussion period,
and
announcements.

In addition, on Monday we will have a special presentation on IFLA's
Functional Requirements for Subject Authority Data (FRSAD) by Marcia
Zeng of Kent
State University to review the basics of the model and to discuss the
latest
developments on FRSAD. The FRSAD presentation is planned for 3:30 to
4:30 on
Monday.

Please be aware that this will be our first "green" meeting. We will
not be
making copies of the reports for the members, liaisons, or the audience.
Instead we will be uploading the reports into the SAC space in ALA
Connect
by June 18th. They will be made viewable to the public so that
everyone can
have access to the reports. The agenda has already been uploaded along
with
the Midwinter minutes. Other reports will be added as they come in. Most
reports will be available before the conference; some reports that cover
activities at ALA Annual will be made available in ALA Connect shortly
after
the conference is over.

The URL for the SAC space in ALA Connect is: http://connect.ala.org/node/64185

Hope to see you in DC!