**Apologies for cross-postings**
It is my pleasure to call for nominations for a new Vice Chair/Chair
Elect of the EAD Roundtable.
The newly elected Vice Chair/Chair Elect will serve for one year as
Vice Chair then proceed to serve as Chair for the following year. The
primary responsibilities of the Vice Chair are:
- Supporting the Chair with administrative tasks, including planning
the annual meeting
- Acting as webmaster, which includes maintenance of the EAD Help Pages
The chair is responsible for:
- All administrative tasks, including information sharing,
coordinating elections, and planning and leading the annual meeting
- Acting as a liaison to other groups and to SAA leadership
- Serving as an ex-officio member to the Technical Subcommittee for
Encoded Archival Description (TS-EAD) of the Standards Committee.
If you have never served as a roundtable chair/vice chair, this is a
great way to become acquainted with the inner workings of SAA and to
get to know your EAD colleagues. If you are interested in nominating
someone for this position, please send me his or her name, email
address, and institutional affiliation. Self-nominations are also
encouraged. All candidates will be asked to provide a brief statement.
Nominations will be accepted until July 26, 2010.
If you would like additional information about the responsibilities of
the Vice Chair and Chair, feel free to contact me
([log in to unmask]) or current Vice Chair John Nemmers
([log in to unmask])
Chair, EAD Roundtable