Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  August 2010

ARSCLIST August 2010

Re: Victor and Columbia New Records brochures 1938-1942/Classical

Michel RUPPLI <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:29:16 +0200

Michael has well reported on going work on Columbia and Victor
labels, as well as my past work on Decca label*** .I just add mostly
post war recordings which I have described in my own discographies on
Mercury label (including the famous Living Presence Series), on
Capitol label and on ABC Paramount label (including imports).
Another type of research has been made by Michael Gray in database
form, with details on many artists which can be seen at CHARM website:
http://www.charm.rhul.ac.uk/index.html
Of course Columbia and Victor/RCA are the two giants in the Classical
domain, and this might explain it will still take some years before a
complete coverage on those labels can be achieved. (same comment for
their pop/jazz/etc. recordings....)

Michel Ruppli
*** Mike: all Decca imports were included in my Decca Discography -
Vol. 5 pages 631-736.
-------