Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  August 2010

ARSCLIST August 2010

Re: Record Research, Blues Research, and Record Americana Bulletins (was: Blues magazine)

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:32:32 -0400

Are there any current publications similar to Record Research?

Also, are collectors keeping track of these reissue LPs? For instance, it seems like there's a whole
new host of entries in the Prestige, Riverside and Blue Note discographies in the last decade or so.
I think there have been Blue Note reissue LPs from Classic Records, Analogue Productions and a newer
company that just put out a bunch in the last few years. With the Prestige and Riverside catalogs,
there were LP reissues from Fantasy Group (Original Jazz Classics -- LPs often cut from the same
digital masters as the then-new CD's) plus Analogue Productions plus maybe others.

And come to think of it, what about when an album is "reissued" as a download (ie it's now out of
print in hard-copy formats)? Is there a separate dicography notation for an iTunes (mp4) album vs.
an Amazon (mp3) album?

-- Tom Fine