ARSCLIST  November 2010

ARSCLIST November 2010

Re: Listening Tests

Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:57:36 +0200

Sorry to be the party pooper, but the rotational speed has no affect on
the playback. Since no one (at Philips or Sony) had intended to attempt
to build a transport stable enough to stream the digital numbers  in the
speed they were to be played, not to mention the fact that they are read
off the disn scrambled by the error correction scheme on purpose. All
players have a buffer that also rearranges the bits in the correct order
and then re-clocks them with the internal clock. A faulty glass master
would maybe make a faulty CD altogether but in normal cd operation the
rotational speed stability is not a factor beyond a certain standard.
Shai Drori