ARSCLIST  November 2010

ARSCLIST November 2010

Re: Gramophone Archive - help

Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:25:27 -0700

From: Thomas Stern <[log in to unmask]>
> The quality of the OCR version of the Gramophone archive scanned pages leaves
> much to be desired. Does anyone know how to VIEW the actual scanned page?
> Clicking on it simply brings up another window with the same ocr version and image.
> I've been unable to find a way to view and enlarge the scanned image. Thanks, Thomas.

I've been trying to figure this out myself.  When the archive first went
on line, you could click on the thumbnail and the page would enlarge to
an easily readable size with great clarity that could be enlarged a
great deal.  I even have a few pages saved in this fashion. But if I go
back to them now I can't see them clearly on-line anymore.  We used to
be able to read the classified ads and the copy in the display ads, but
these are not even OCRed.  I first notice the change a couple of months
ago but it might have been going on for a longer time.  Maybe there is a
pay feature now that I find no information about.  Anybody know?  They
still ask us for corrections but it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this now.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]