ARSCLIST November 2010

Re: Gramophone Archive - help

George Brock-Nannestad <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:44:19 +0100

From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello, Thomas Stern wrote:

> The quality of the OCR version of the Gramophone archive scanned pages
> leaves much to be desired.
> Does anyone know how to VIEW the actual scanned page? Clicking on it simply
> brings up another window with the same
> ocr version and image. I've been unable to find a way to view and enlarge
> the scanned image.

----- there is no way. It was too good to be true. Anybody who really needed
the access and who was not diligent enough to take what they needed while it
was there, has shown too much trust. Those who skipped their bound paper
volumes of the Gramophone showed too much trust. There does not seem to be a
very good reason, but try to see

http://www.gramophone.co.uk/forum/about-the-site/view-as-pdf-not-working

From this and other experiences I have learnt to grab what there is while it
is there. Do you really think that Billboard will stay up? Do your research
on it as a first priority.

Kind regards,

George