ARSCLIST  January 2011

ARSCLIST January 2011

Re: Talking Machine News editorial info?

RUSSELL BARNES <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:41:28 +0000

Hello,

Unfortunately, It's more complex than that.  I've known him for something like 40years (I'm 81 !!) and now he becoming fragile - which is not surprising at his great age.

Last time I managed a long chat with him was at Ernie Bayley's funeral - and that's a few years ago.    He knowledge of the UK's involvement in recorded sound is boundless - he has spent thousands of hours pouring over files and books in all the London Libraries, Repositories and Museums.

Russ

The Internet is not his thing.    I'll give it some thought