FEDLIB Archives

FEDLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

Monospaced Font

FEDLIB Home

FEDLIB  January 2011

FEDLIB January 2011

DOI Library Training Session - "Westlaw: Introduction and New Features" - Wednesday, January 12th, 10:00 am

George Franchois <[log in to unmask]>

FEDLIB: Federal Librarians Discussion List

Wed, 5 Jan 2011 07:41:31 -0500

Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, January 12th from 10:00 am
to Noon for a training session entitled "Westlaw: Introduction and New
Features," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Westlaw is one of the primary online legal research services for lawyers
and legal professionals in the United States. Information resources on
Westlaw include more than 40,000 databases of case law, state and federal
statutes, administrative codes, newspaper and magazine articles, public
records, law journals, law reviews, treatises, legal forms and other
information resources. Most legal documents on Westlaw are indexed to the
West Key Number System, which is West's master classification system of
U.S. law. Westlaw supports natural language and Boolean searches. Westlaw
also features the KeyCite citation checking service, allowing users to
determine whether cases or statutes are still good law. In this session, a
Westlaw training professional will teach you how to utilize Westlaw for
your reference and research needs, introducing you to these databases and
highlighting newly added features that make Westlaw an even more
user-friendly research tool.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
(202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be
coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Training Sessions,
we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at
http://library.doi.gov/programs/training/index.html.

We hope to see you here on January 12th!

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC  20240
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773

Let us know how well we are serving you.  Please fill out the brief survey
at the link below.  Thank you.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB229VB7Q6HXP