Help for FEDLIB Archives

FEDLIB Archives

FEDLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

FEDLIB Home

FEDLIB  January 2011

FEDLIB January 2011

DOI Library Training Session - "The National Technical Reports Library: Introduction and New Features" - Tuesday, February 1st, 10:00 am

George Franchois <[log in to unmask]>

FEDLIB: Federal Librarians Discussion List

Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:16:52 -0500

Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Tuesday, February 1st from 10:00 am
to 12:00 pm for a training session entitled "The National Technical Reports
Library: Introduction and New Features," part of our series of free
training sessions at the DOI Library.

The National Technical Information Service’s National Technical Reports
Library (NTRL) is an online subscription database accessible to Interior
Department employees at their desktops through the DOI Library’s website.
The NTRL provides users with access to an electronic library of over 2
million bibliographic records for scientific and technical reports produced
by the federal government dating back to 1964. They also provide links to
over 600,000 full text scientific and technical government reports that
they have digitized in PDF format. The NTRL is a useful tool for members of
the business, government, and academic communities as it provides a
solution to locating the results of billions of dollars of federal research
on a wide variety of topics, including Chemistry, Energy, Environment,
Health Care, Medicine & Biology, Physics, and Transportation.  Attendees
will learn how to effectively search through this database to locate needed
government reports, including those published by Interior Department
bureaus and agencies. This program will be conducted by a National
Technical Information Service trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
(202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be
coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Training Sessions,
we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at
http://library.doi.gov/programs/training/index.html.

We hope to see you here on February 1st!

George Franchois
Director
U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC  20240
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773

Let us know how well we are serving you.  Please fill out the brief survey
at the link below.  Thank you.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB229VB7Q6HXP