I am wondering why LC changed an authority record I updated and created
a new one for an entity that changed names.
The Thouvenel String Quartet (2010057591) was formed in 1975 by students
at the University of Indiana. Two years later the Quartet was hired by
the Midland-Odessa Symphony and Chorale and over time came to be know as
the Permian Basin String Quartet (86140826).
I updated the authority record for the Thouvenel String Quartet to
loook like this.
110 2 Permian Basin String Quartet
410 2 Thouvenel String Quartet ǂw nne
410 2 Thouvenel Quartet
410 2 Strings of the West
410 2 Midland-Odessa Symphony and Chorale. ǂb Permian Basin String
410 2 MOSC. ǂb Permian Basin String Quartet
LC removed the first two see references and recreated an authority
record for Thouvenel String Quartet, I suppose due to the reference from
Isthmus. The article from Isthmus provided information on the formation
of the Thouvenel String Quartet that conflicts with that from the
Midland-Odessa Symphony and Chorale. Nevertheless, I believe that what
I did was correct. Can you explain what LC did for me. I spent a fair
amount of time sorting this out, only to see my work deleted.
Abilene Christian University
[log in to unmask]