DATETIME Archives

DATETIME@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

DATETIME Home

DATETIME  February 2011

DATETIME February 2011

Re: Revised spec

Saašha Metsärantala <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:16:45 +0100

TEXT/PLAIN

> > > the W3C built-in schema types
> > which schema version is meant.
> What do you recommend?
I would recommend to try to avoid (future) ambiguities. New datatypes will
be available with XSDL 1.1, some of which are inspired by XPath 2.0 and
were not present in XMLSchema 1.0. Their definitions may be (slightly)
modified in the future.

> We already use double dots, see 317
Yes, but I considered that their semantics seemed to be quite related and
that we could used double dots at both places, but maybe this could lead
to problems I didn't notice.

> hemisphere seasons represented separately
I consider there are two different (and related) questions here. One of
them is whether we need to specify if (for example) "summer 2011 in the
southern hemispere" or "winter 2011 in the northern hemispere" refer to
the beginning or the end of the year 2011. The other question is whether
we need to sort these dates chronologically. Let's assume that something
occurs in automn / fall 2011 and something else occurs during the spring
of 2011; do we need to be able to sort these events chronologically? If we
need that, then we would need to specify the hemispere where each of these
events occurs.

Regards!

SaaĊĦha,