DATETIME Archives

DATETIME@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

DATETIME Home

DATETIME  February 2011

DATETIME February 2011

Re: season and hemisphere

"Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:23:09 -0500

It seems to me that the discussion of season and hemisphere has run its
course.  Although there are interesting approaches suggested to solve some
of the hypothetical complex features mentioned, it does not appear that
anyone requires these features, and that the only firm requirement has been
posed by Bruce, who is happy with the simple solution:
http://www.loc.gov/standards/datetime/spec.html#331

And that solution currently allows for a qualifier, where the value of the
qualifier is yet to be developed. However I propose to remove the qualifier
altogether. If anyone still sees  value in keeping the qualifier in the spec
please make a case for it.

--Ray