Help for DATETIME Archives

DATETIME Archives

DATETIME@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

DATETIME Home

DATETIME  March 2011

DATETIME March 2011

Re: Requirements // Ordinal and Week dates

John Hostage <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:52:07 -0500

I'm not sure that describing the third Monday in February is required
for the purposes of the standard under discussion, but the MARC 21
Format for Holdings Data attempts to do this for the purpose of
recording and predicting publication patterns of periodicals.  It's
fairly inscrutable and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for this
standard.  It can be found at
http://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/hd853855.html under subfield $y.
The third Monday in February would be described as w0203mo.

John Hostage
Authorities and Database Integrity Librarian
Langdell Hall
Harvard Law School Library
Cambridge, MA 02138
+(1)(617) 495-3974 (voice)