Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

ARSCLIST Home

ARSCLIST  August 2011

ARSCLIST August 2011

Re: David Carroll "Let's Dance"

"MATSUBAYASHI, 'Shaolin' Kohji" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:40:51 +0900

text/plain

Hi Tom-san,

At Tue, 9 Aug 2011 20:19:28 -0400,
Tom Fine wrote:

> There was a catalog number for Max Roach "On the Chicago Scene,"
> according to the discography in the Mosaic reissue set:
> EmArcy SR60128 (stereo) Max Roach + 4 on the Chicago Scene
>
> There were separate stereo and mono takes of
> "Shirley"
> "My Old Flame"
> "Memo: To Maurice"
>
> The Mosaic set includes both stereo and mono takes.

Yes I know these - these are from 1958, not 1956, as mentioned in my
previous e-mail. And in 1984, stereo version of "On The Chicago Scene"
was issued on LP by Nipphon Phonogram 195J-41.

  http://microgroove.jp/mercury/MaxRoachOriginalEmArcy.shtml

And the original stereo LP issue (SR-80017) is the only way to
get the true stereo version of the "Jump For Joy" album -
luckily we can find SR-80017 rather easily in the market.

And yes, we should refer such updated and revised discographic
information as seen on Mosaic box sets for example.

Kohji