ARSCLIST  August 2011

ARSCLIST August 2011

Speak-O-Phones

Kurt Nauck <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:47:04 -0500

Brian and I are working our way through a stack of mid-30s
Speak-O-Phone aluminum recordings. Most of these appear to be air
checks of dance bands and vocalists.

Condition is pretty good on most of them, but we're having trouble
finding the ideal stylus to play them with. Best results seem to be
obtained with a standard LP stylus.

Does anyone have any experience with these? (And yes, we're riding
the groove, not the landing between them.)

Kurt Nauck
c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389