ARSCLIST  August 2011

ARSCLIST August 2011

Re: digital input sound card recommendation

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Aug 2011 19:44:16 -0400

Wow, some quick googling got me no hits from M-Audio, E-Mu (Soundblaster) and Asus. All of these PCI
cards use SPDIF only, some via both optical and RCA connector, but not 75-ohm balanced AES/EBU.  RME
has pricey cards with many channels that work with AES, that was the only PCI interfaces I could
fine. When you get to Firewire and USB, you have more options, but not in simple 2-channel models.
My recommendation would be, buy up as many CardDeluxe cards as you can from places like BSW and
eBay.

-- Tom Fine