ARSCLIST  September 2011

ARSCLIST September 2011

Re: Damn the P.D. - Full Greed Ahead

Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:07:05 -0400

On 9/15/2011 4:43 PM, Dennis Rooney wrote:
> It's a great life, Mr. Sam, if you don't weaken.
>
> DDR
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Jim Sam<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>
>> For the record, not everyone thinks copyrights should enter into the
>> public domain ASAP, and certainly not at the expense of human life.
>> If ARSC wishes to be taken seriously in copyright legislation, I would
>> advise more diplomatic expressions.

Of course it was the other Mr. Sam, Sam Brylawski, who commented on
Graham's comments about the tree vs.Sonny and reminding the Canadian
that it was his since re-married widow Mary who got the extension law
passed in the rather devious fashion.  To answer Graham's question about
what Sonny might have had up his sleeve, Mary is quoted as saying that
actually Sonny was in favor of PERMANENT copyrights, so perhaps we
should count our blessings that Mary only went after 20 years.  Maybe
that was in honor of Sonny's short stature.

Mike (a fan of randy newman) Biel  [log in to unmask]