DATETIME Archives

DATETIME@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

DATETIME Home

DATETIME  September 2011

DATETIME September 2011

Re: Internal unspecified

Saašha Metsärantala <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:21:44 +0200

TEXT/PLAIN

Hello!

> the number of days needs to be coordinated with the month.
I consider it is important to have a BNF in which the number of days is
coordinated with the month.

To solve this problem and also to alleviate the problem of "the
possibility of unspecified semantics", I suggest to remove #209 and
instead to add

( "^" qualifier )?

at the end of the definition of

level2Expression

in the BNF. Thus, we could have as well specified semantics as possible
before (id est on the left side of) the caret. Then, more loosely
specified semantics could be kept inside the qualifier.

I consider it is important to have a BNF avoiding constructs such as

20u1-02-30

on the left side of the caret, and avoiding such constructs at all if no
caret is present in the dateTimeString.

Regards!

SaaĊĦha,