From: LEE Hur-Li [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:34 PM
To: Allyson Carlyle
Subject: Re: [isko-l] Postdoctoral Fellowship in Information Organization at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Maybe you can forward this widely. Thanks.
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Allyson Carlyle <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
From: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>] On Behalf Of LEE Hur-Li
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [isko-l] Postdoctoral Fellowship in Information Organization at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Information Organization
School of Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
The School of Information Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is accepting applications for a one-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in Information Organization to begin in 2012.
The information organization fellowship is designed for recent PhDs who are interested in knowledge and/or information organization. We are seeking candidates with research and teaching interests in a range of topics or applications including but not limited to classification theory, domain analysis, ontology and epistemology, resource description, metadata, information architecture, taxonomies, ontologies, tagging, and/or the Semantic Web. Applicants interested in cultural perspectives and/or collaborative research are particularly welcome.
Along with continuing their own research agenda, the fellow will work closely with the Information Organization Research Group and affiliated faculty, work with current PhD students, assist in coordination of related events, and participate in the academic and intellectual community of the School. The fellow will be expected to teach one class in each of the fall and spring semesters. The stipend for the fellowship will be $38,000 for a 12-month appointment with a $2,000 research and travel stipend. The starting date is January 6, 2012. Fellows are eligible for benefits.
- Applicants must be scholars who are not yet tenured and who are no more than 3 years past receiving their PhD.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in an information studies or related discipline. Applicants who do not yet hold a PhD but expect to have it by January, 2012 will be asked to provide a letter from their home institution corroborating the degree award schedule.
- Application packages must include: letter explaining the applicant's research agenda for the postdoc year, teaching interests, and appropriateness for the fellowship; curriculum vitae; writing sample; and the names of 3 references.
- Send all application materials electronically to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
- Applications received by October 31, 2011, will receive priority consideration.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.