ARSCLIST  December 2011

ARSCLIST December 2011

Re: Straight Line Tracking was Stanton Turntable reviews....anyone?

Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:24:50 -0700

As Ted Kendall finally was able to explain, the tone arm Stanton offered
as an option was not a "straight LINE" tracking device, it was a PIVOTED
straight arm without an S-bend.  Haven't any of you seen a modern DJ
turntable with a straight unbent arm? This is what one looks like:

http://www.aboutdj.nl/images/stories/gear_nieuws/stanton_t120.jpg

From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
 >> Why would the straight arm be skip proof? joe salerno

 > It helps in the back-cueing that DJs do. The force is pushing
straight
 > back on the arm, and is less likely to jump grooves during back
cueing
 > than an S-shaped arm. Unless you back-cue, you are better off with
the
 > S-shaped arm.

It is a "straight" arm, not a "straight line" device.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]