ARSCLIST  December 2011

ARSCLIST December 2011

Re: Potentially sad news turns good

Carl Pultz <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:37:45 -0500

Folks,

I'm happy to report that Rochester's Bop Shop has secured space in a very
nice location, about two miles from its present locale, on a major
thoroughfare in an affluent neighborhood. Street level, easy access. It's
about 1/3 larger than the present store. Owner Tom Kohn is hoping to start
moving some fixtures and non-essentials next week, but as it's the vital
Christmas retail season, there is so much regular business to do that
managing the transition is nearly overwhelming.

Meanwhile, records are coming in the door almost as fast as they go out -
fantastic stuff that can't be passed up. Even after all these years of two
large stores buying vinyl in this area, there appears to be no end to the
treasures to be found. I spent a few hours at the store yesterday helping to
organize the back room. While the Web site catalog is well tended, the floor
murch overstock has been overtaken by too many albums and too little time to
keep them filed. I re-shelved A through N of the Pop/Rock inventory and
filed a ton. Let me tell you - today I'm resting!

A move like this can be a great opportunity to start fresh in many ways. But
right now, all the challenges are just bewildering. There will be a big
fundraising event, with bands and DJs. We're hoping to find enough volunteer
labor (with trucks and vans!) and depending on enough business in the next
couple weeks to help defray the thousand and one expenses of settling a new
home.

There is a sidewalk sale Dec 17th, where a lot of that overstock will be
priced to sell. If you can't visit Rochester until May, go to
www.bopshop.com, and buy-baby-buy! There will be a bigger, better Bop Shop
to greet you this spring.

Former B-S clerk,

Carl

(Hope my commercial appeal doesn't violate any list rules.)

Carl Pultz
Alembic Productions
Rochester, NY