I need some advice on cleaning the heads of two Studer A67 and B67 machines. The recommendations I have received from two different professionals are:
- Isopropilic alcohol 99 %
- A mix of 89 % xylene, 11% Tricholoethane.
I have found some denaturalized alcohol from a colleague from the conservation department of a museum nextdoor or 80% isopropilic alcohol from Maplin. The easiest would be to stick to one of the latter, but I am looking for the professional solution and don't want to make compromises. Moreover, a number of tapes in the collection are dirty and I suspect that a number of them will be shedding, so I expect to be doing a lot of cleaning.
Apologies if is has been asked before, but I did some searching but could not find a response in the archives.
Huge thanks and cheers
Gregorio Garcia Karman
[log in to unmask]