ARSCLIST  February 2012

ARSCLIST February 2012

Re: Agfa PEM469 Issues

Marie O'Connell <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:25:14 +1300

I loath AGFA PEM 468 and 469!  We have a lot of it, hundreds of reels
unfortunately.  With our sorting process I have discovered just how many
and it gives me nightmares inbetween dodging the quakes!

I tried baking and found it had limited success.  The pellon wipe and
plenty of cleaning of the tape path was a must and yes, it does have that
weird waxy stuff that comes off.

This is one tape brand that the Isopropyl drip machine worked on quite
successfully.  Or, we could just invent a new method - the Shake/Drip
method or Shake&Bake ;-)

Cheers
Marie