ARSCLIST June 2012

Grand Ol' Opry

Randy Riddle <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:45:42 -0400

I'm doing some research on a discography of old time radio programming
released on vinyl.

I've run into a rather unusual episode of the "Grand Ol' Opry" on one
disc and was wondering if someone could contact me directly that's
familiar with the 30s-40s era of the program and the episodes that
survive from it in archives. (Or, a referral to which organization
archives the program's broadcasts would be helpful.)

I've checked around otr collector circles and haven't seen this
episode documented in circulation; it dates (supposedly) from 1939,
but the earliest GOP programs among otr collectors is from around
1942.

Randy