ARSCLIST  June 2012

ARSCLIST June 2012

Re: Who needs vinyl?

Clark Johnsen <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 2 Jun 2012 14:51:38 -0400

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Don Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Conversely I remember the outspoken Ivor Tiefenbrun complaining, when
the first CDs came out, that you couldn't hear the tune. Now that the
sound of CDs is (or can be) so much better than those early attempts,
one sees what he meant.

One here heard what he meant, right away! CD also masked rhythms, although
oddly it held steady on piano sustains. To my mind the  troubles with CD
have not yet been solved commercially, although I have auditioned a unit
that seems to solve most problems.

Regards
--
Don Cox