Re: Conflict Over File Sharing

Roger Kulp <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:40:51 -0700

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Taping_Is_Killing_Music

________________________________
 From: Roderic G Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Conflict Over File Sharing

Back in the day of the cassette (?), we thought nothing of making a copy for a friend of our favorite music that we thought he/she might enjoy.  Somehow, the music industry was vibrant and healthy then, seemingly.  I think I saw a major change when the film studios and the recording industries wanted closer control of their "profit margins" with copy protection, or am I wrong?  By the way, I still have my Sony cassette recorder patched into my sound system.  I hope no one will report me.
Rod Stephens